>> About the Community
About the Community
Llangedwyn Community Council
represents a rural community centred in the Tanat Valley in the Welsh
Borderlands. Originally in Denbighshire (Clwyd), the parish became part of
Powys in 1996 following boundary revisions and comprises the village of Llangedwyn
together with the hamlets of Bwlch-y-ddar, Pentrefelin and Penybont Llanerch
Llangedwyn is twinned with the French village of Omerville and the two villages exchange visits on alternate years.
Llangedwyn Church In Wales Primary School has been an important part of village life since the 1800s. In addition to providing education for 4 to 11 year olds, it offers a pre-school playgroup, and breakfast after school clubs. http://www.llangedwynschool.org/
Llangedwyn Memorial Hall in the centre of the village is used for events, meetings, concerts, classes and most other types of function. For bookings please phone 01691 780281
Llangedwyn Craft Centre is housed in an old corn mill on the banks of the River Tanat. The complex includes:
Art Studio http://www.tanatart.co.uk/
Cross stitch shop http://www.thenimblethimblecrossstitch.co.uk/
Funky Pink Poodle – dog grooming
Pollypaintpot - painted furniture and vintage treasure www.pollypaintpot.co.uk/
Llangedwyn Mill hosts a monthly luncheon club and monthly car boot sales (April through to the end of September)
The Green Inn is built on the old village green in Llangedwyn and has been serving travellers and locals since the mid 1700s. http://www.greeninn.co.uk/
The Penybont Inn offers two self catering cottages http://www.the-penybont-cottages.co.uk/
Our Community through the ages:
Llwyn Bryn-dinas - a Bronze Age hill fort dating from about the 9th Century BC.
Sycharth - the site of a motte and bailey castle, once the home of Owain Glyndwr. 600 years ago it was said to be the noblest house in the whole of Wales.
St Cedwyn’s Church There has been a church in Llangedwyn since medieval times. The present church was built in 1869.
Llangedwyn Hall was constructed in the early 18th century by the Williams-Wynn family. The gardens are open once a year under the National Gardens Scheme